Hop hop! This frog craft is so much fun, we are jumping with excitement! This craft is fairly simple, but we are so excited because it is just as much fun to play with as it is to make. Read on for all the instructions and photo details, and soon you’ll be jumping with us!
What You Need:
- Green construction paper – two different shades of green work best!
- Black marker
- Googly eyes
- Glue stick / double sided tape
- Coloured dotter or marker to decorate
- Circular object to trace for the body
- Red construction paper
- Two paper cups
- A small elastic band
1. Trace and cut a circle for the body of the frog.
2. Fold a piece of paper that is another shade of green (or use the same shade of green as you did for the body) in half and trace a half heart shape on the folded edge. At the bottom draw a foot shape. Cut it out, then open the fold and cut the whole thing in half.
3. Glue the legs on the body
4. Decorate with a dotter or marker, and glue googly eyes onto your frog.
5. Draw nose and mouth with a black marker.
6. Cut out a tongue from red construction paper. Glue the tongue to the mouth, and curl it with a pencil.
7. Take one of the paper cups and cut two slits on each side, making flaps that can fold backwards.
8. Put your elastic around one of the flaps and secure the flap in place with a stapler.
9. Twist the elastic band to make an X, and attach it to the other flap. Secure it in place with a stapler also. The elastic band should be fairly tight. If it is too big, try tying a knot on one side of the elastic band to make it smaller.
10. Glue, or use double sided tape to tape, your frog to the cup with the elastic band.
11. Place your other paper cup upside down on a flat surface, and put your frog on top of it. Holding the sides of the cup with the elastic band, push down onto the upside down cup, then let go – your frog should jump up!
Original content © 2019 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms of Service.