RAAAWR! Next week on Caitie’s Classroom, we’re going to learn all about SOUNDS. Here are the instructions to make your very own lion. Be sure to check out Caitie’s video for a detailed how-to to make your own king of the jungle!
Tune into Caitie’s Classroom every Tuesday at 11:00am EST to sing, dance, explore, play and create together. See you in the Classroom!
- large popsicle stick
- paper plate (white or yellow)
- yellow craft paint (if using white plate)
- paint brush
- brown, yellow and orange construction paper
- glue stick
- craft glue
- black marker
- googly eyes
- Paint paper plate yellow.
- Cut the Lion’s Mane
- Cut yellow and orange and brown strips out of construction paper.
- 3 different lengths
- brown – large
- orange – med
- yellow – small
- Glue the Lion’s Mane
- Rim the back edge of the plate with glue stick where the strips will be applied.
- Stick on alternating yellow and orange strips around the back of the plate
- Then glue a second layer of large brown strips layering on top and in between the yellow and orange coloured strips.
- Cut the ears and nose
- Cut out 2 larger yellow circular and 2 brown smaller shapes with rounded edges
- Tip: shapes of the same size can be cut together by layering your pieces of construction paper
- Cut a brown triangle shape with rounded edges out of construction paper for the nose.
- Glue ears nose and eyes
- Glue inside and outside ear shapes together then attach ears at top of the plate. Glue the nose at the centre of the plate then add the eyes.
- Draw the mouth starting at the base of the nose and add dots and whiskers
- Glue the popsicle stick handle on with craft glue behind the plate and tape in place while it dries. Be sure to line it up with the front.
Original content © 2018 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms and Conditions.