RAAAWR! Next week on Caitie’s Classroom, we’re going to learn all about SOUNDS. Here are the instructions to make your very own lion. Be sure to check out Caitie’s video for a detailed how-to to make your own king of the jungle!
Tune into Caitie’s Classroom every Tuesday at 11:00am EST to sing, dance, explore, play and create together. See you in the Classroom!
- large popsicle stick
- paper plate (white or yellow)
- yellow craft paint (if using white plate)
- paint brush
- brown, yellow and orange construction paper
- glue stick
- craft glue
- black marker
- googly eyes
- Paint paper plate yellow.
- Cut the Lion’s Mane
- Cut yellow and orange and brown strips out of construction paper.
- 3 different lengths
- brown – large
- orange – med
- yellow – small
- Glue the Lion’s Mane
- Rim the back edge of the plate with glue stick where the strips will be applied.
- Stick on alternating yellow and orange strips around the back of the plate
- Then glue a second layer of large brown strips layering on top and in between the yellow and orange coloured strips.
- Cut the ears and nose
- Cut out 2 larger yellow circular and 2 brown smaller shapes with rounded edges
- Tip: shapes of the same size can be cut together by layering your pieces of construction paper
- Cut a brown triangle shape with rounded edges out of construction paper for the nose.
- Glue ears nose and eyes
- Glue inside and outside ear shapes together then attach ears at top of the plate. Glue the nose at the centre of the plate then add the eyes.
- Draw the mouth starting at the base of the nose and add dots and whiskers
- Glue the popsicle stick handle on with craft glue behind the plate and tape in place while it dries. Be sure to line it up with the front.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
This post accompanies a video from Caitie’s Classroom. Join Caitie in the classroom for kids songs, games, activities, stories, crafts, and much more! Catch up on past episodes and segments, follow Caitie on Facebook and Instagram, and subscribe to Super Simple Play so you never miss an episode. Don’t forget to ring the bell for notifications!
Original content © 2018 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms of Service.