- Butter 341g (room temperature)
- Icing Sugar 120g
- All Purpose Flour 375g
- Toffee Bits 75g
- Salt 6g
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together flour and salt into a bowl.
- Put butter into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed-high speed until fluffy (3-5 minutes), scraping down sides of bowl. Gradually add icing sugar; beat until pale and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Reduce the speed to low, add flour mixture all at once; mix until just combined. Add the toffee bits and mix by hand until evenly distributed.
- Using a cookie scoop (1.75” diameter is what I use) drop cookies onto a lined baking tray 1 inch apart (because this is a short dough and not a lot of sugar the cookies will not spread much).
- Flatten each cookie slightly either with your hand or with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Bake at 325F for 22-25 minutes or until just starting to brown around the edges.
Makes approximately 24 cookies.
Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook, and hashtag your creations with #SuperSimpleOfficial.
Jean Hon is the Chief Baking Officer (in her home) at Jeannie’s Om Nom Nom in Parkdale but her day job is a Corporate Insurance Underwriter in Toronto, Canada. As a passionate baker and chocolatier, she loves to offer people good, delicious, made from scratch pastries and confections. It is all about the ingredients and love, the love for baking. Since 2013, she has focused on baking and giving back to her community. You can follow her on Facebook and Instagram.
Original content © 2018 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms of Service.