How do I teach the “Brush Your Teeth” song to kids? Caitie demonstrates the gestures and shares some activity ideas for this fun and easy to teach hygiene song from Super Simple.
Try some of these ideas in the classroom or at home!
- Use this song as a timer when you are brushing your teeth! The song is just over 2 minutes long, the recommended length of time from the American Dental Association for brushing your teeth!
- Sing this song with a prop like as a real toothbrush, a crayon or something similar. Remind the children that we are just pretending and they shouldn’t actually go in their mouths.
- Use this song as a lead in to a discussion about getting ready for bed, or getting ready for the day. Ask your students, what are some other things we should do to get ready? Or what is another thing that is important to do before we go to bed?
- After singing the song, you can do a fun brush your teeth inspired craft! Cut a black piece of paper into the shape of a tooth, or try our Banish The Germs printable, and paint it with white paint to make clean teeth. Instead of using a paintbrush, you can use a toothbrush for added fun.
- Find more songs, episodes, and activities about brushing your teeth and other daily activities here.