Caitie is sharing helpful tips for learning in the classroom or at home using the song Can You Imagine? from Super Simple Songs! She sings the song and shows us gestures for the key vocabulary words, too! This a super fun, silly song that helps teach little ones rhyming words and encourages them to use their imagination!
Try these ideas in the classroom or at home!
- This is a great song for circle time. Sit in a circle and give each student a turn to sing one of the rhymes, then everyone can sing the “ha ha ha ha has” together.
- Encourage your students to come up with new rhymes! If they are having trouble, try giving them a prompt and then pausing for them to finish.
- For a fun art activity, have your students draw pictures of their favorite silly rhyme from the song. Make sure they include the three rhyming words in their picture.
- Try using one of the silly rhymes from the song as a writing prompt and have your students create a story from it. Older students can write their stories down, and younger students might like to tell you their stories as they make them up in their heads!
- Ask your students what makes them laugh. This is a great discussion starter for circle time or when you are looking to have a bonding moment, and you can use this song as an example to get the conversation started.