Caitie is sharing helpful tips for learning in the classroom or at home using the song Crawl Like A Caterpillar from Super Simple Songs! She sings the song and shows us gestures for the key vocabulary words, too! This a movement great song to teach little ones the names of bugs and action verbs!
Try these ideas in the classroom or at home!
- This song has instrument sections for creative movement. Encourage your students to pretend to be the different bugs moving around.
- Teachers can also call out instructions. For example, during the creative movement section for fly like a butterfly, teachers can call out, fly up high! Fly down low! Fly fast! Fly slow.
- This is a great song to use in a theme about bugs. You can pair it with other Super Simple Songs about bugs like Butterfly Ladybug Bumblebee and The Roly Poly Roll.
- Try printing out pictures of each bug and showing them to your students. Have them identify each bug by saying “I see” and saying the name of the bug in the picture. You can also place all the pictures of the bugs on the board and pick a student who will say “I see” and name one of the bugs on the board.
- Try going outside and see what real bugs you can find, be sure to use the phrase “I see…” to point out all the different bugs you may find.