Try these ideas in the classroom or at home!
- Sing this song during circle time and take turns singing the silly rhymes, or try coming up with new ones!
- This is a great song to review rhyming words. Have your students clap on the words that rhyme so they understand those words are related and special.
- For a fun art activity, have your students draw pictures of the silly scenes from the song. They can draw a goat rowing a boat, or a dragon pulling a wagon. Have them pick their favorite silly rhyme from the song to illustrate.
- As a group, try coming up with other silly and simple rhymes! The teacher can start the rhyme and pause so the students can come up with a rhyming word. Did you ever see a dog dancing on a…? See what your students come up with!
- For some rhyming word practice with older students who are reading and writing, give them a worksheet with the lyrics to the song and have them underline all the rhyming words. They can underline every word that rhymes with another word in the song, or they can circle the rhyming word pairs in the same color ink.