Try some of these ideas in the classroom or at home!
- Try this song as a transition to outdoor time!
- Sing the chorus of the song to little ones who like being carried and are reluctant to walk. The words and musicality may encourage them to keep walking a little longer!
- Make a list of all the things mentioned in the song and try and find them the next time you go for a walk! Those items can act as a fun list for an outdoor scavenger hunt.
- Pretend to take a walk inside and point to things around the house as you come upon them on your walk. You can use real-life items that are already around the house or put up flashcards to practice specific vocabulary.
- Play this song in the background as you draw a picture of things you saw on a walk outside, or draw the imagery from the song.