Caitie is sharing tips for using the preschool song “Pop The Bubbles” in the classroom and at home for lots of fun learning with little ones. She has lots of great ideas! And she’ll lead us through the song using gestures – an excellent way to introduce a song to children. “Pop The Bubbles” is a super fun song for pretend play as we practice counting to ten popping bubbles!
Try these ideas in the classroom or at home!
- This is a great song for practicing counting to ten! Put it on for some counting review and practice.
- When you sing this song with your students, have them pretend to blow bubbles before we start popping. This part is built into the song and really helps bring the bubbles to life, so don’t forget to act out and play along with that part before you start popping! It’s a super fun game of pretend.
- You can also play this song with real bubbles! Can you pop ten bubbles before they all disappear? See how many bubbles your students can pop in one go and see how high they can count as they pop, pop, pop!
- This song is also great practice for blowing out, like this. That can be a little tricky for little ones – sometimes they might suck in instead of blowing out, so it’s good to practice. Before you sing the song, count to three, take a deep breath and blow out all together. Then they will be ready to blow real bubbles without accidently getting the suds in their mouth, and they’ll be experts when it comes time to blow out their candles on their birthday, too!
- For some more fun blowing practice, pretend to blow big bubbles and little bubbles. How do we blow to make a big bubble? What about a small bubble? When your students are pretending to blow a big bubble, have them keep blowing and blowing, until you say pop! Then pretend all the bubbles popped at once for some giggles.