Caitie is sharing helpful tips for learning in the classroom or at home using the song Super Simple Thank You from Super Simple Songs! She sings the song and shows us gestures for the key vocabulary words, too! This a great song to teach and practice these magic words: thank you, and you’re welcome.
Try these ideas in the classroom or at home!
- This is such a lovely and simple song to teach the phrase thank you. Talk to your students about why we say thank you. Ask them how it feels when someone says it to them, and how it feels to say it.
- Talk about other ways you can say thank you to someone besides using the words. Maybe you can do something nice for someone, or make them a special card.
- Try using the American Sign Language sign for thank you – you can use that gesture as you sing the song to mix up the movements.
- Once your students know the importance of thank you, encourage them to use it in the classroom as they go about their day. It might even be a fun challenge to see if they can get someone else to say it by doing something nice for them. This could spark a whole wave of kindness among your students in the attempts to say thank you more!
- Once your students are familiar with the song, practice singing a part of it without the music. Once they have mastered that, you can use it anytime you want your class to say thank you to someone. Instead of just saying thank you, they can sing it! A musical thank you would be a wonderful surprise for anyone visiting your classroom.