Caitie is sharing helpful tips for learning in the classroom or at home using the song The Alphabet Swing from Super Simple Songs! She sings the song and shows suggestions for gestures while singing the song, too! This a great song to review the alphabet in a fresh, new way!
Try these ideas in the classroom or at home!
- This song is great for alphabet review! It’s perfect for students who are familiar with the ABCs and are looking for a fun challenge to show off what they know. See if they can sing along!
- This song is a great tool for teachers to see if students really know their ABCs, or if they have memorized the familiar song.
- For a fun activity, give your students the letters of the alphabet all mixed up, you can write the letters on pieces of paper or use letter flashcards. Have your students go through them and place them in order from A to Z.
- For an extra challenge, play this song in the background and see if they can put them in order before the song is done!
- This is a great dance song! Try using it to play freeze dance! They’ll have a lot of fun, and get some sneaky alphabet review at the same time.