Learn to teach this numbers song for kids; “The Bees Go Buzzing” from Super Simple Songs! Join Caitie as she shares some fun activity ideas that you can use to teach kids how to count from one to ten.
Try some of these ideas in the classroom or at home!
- This is a great fingerplay song. You can use your fingers to count, and they can also be the buzzing bee. Have one student start buzzing one bee, then another student can join to make two bees, then three students and three bees, all the way up to ten students buzzing their bees all around!
- You can also turn this song into a fun circle game: have your students make a circle, and have one student buzz around the outside of the circle. As the song continues and more bees go buzzing, have students join the buzzing bees one at a time, until everyone is buzzing in a circle. The last person who joined the bees in each verse is the little one, and they act out the rhyming action.
- For more advanced students, The Bees Go Buzzing is a great song for learning and reviewing rhyming words. Students can pick other rhyming words, coming up with different actions. You can continue singing the song past the number 10 and come up with new rhymes, too!
- Singing this song is also a great opportunity to talk about the importance of bees with your students. Bees pollinate plants, and without them plants wouldn’t be able to grow yummy fruits and vegetables. They also make yummy honey! It’s important to the environment that bees keep buzzing!
- Find more songs, activities, and videos about bugs here.