Caitie is sharing tips for using the preschool song “The More We Get Together” in the classroom and at home for lots of fun learning with little ones. She has lots of great ideas! And she’ll lead us through the song using gestures – an excellent way to introduce a song to children.
Try some of these ideas in the classroom or at home!
- Sing this song at the end of class as a nice way to end the day and get everyone excited about coming together again tomorrow.
- In our version, we have created new veres to explore different pronouns. Review and practice pronouns with your students by saying “he/she is my friend” or “they are my friend”.
- If you have a smaller class you can use stuffed animals to practice pronouns!
- Our version of the song also explores contractions. Write both “I am” and “I’m” on the board to help explain the contractions in the song.
- This is also a great song to introduce emotions. This song can represent the emotion, happy!