Caitie is sharing helpful tips for learning in the classroom or at home using the song The Seasons Song from Super Simple Songs! She sings the song and shows us gestures for the key vocabulary words, too! This a great song to teach little ones about the seasons and finding the joy in all types of weather.
Try these ideas in the classroom or at home!
- Talk about the different seasons with your students and encourage them to find something they like about each one. We so often talk about our favorite seasons, but there really is something special we can appreciate about each one.
- Show your students pictures from the different seasons and ask them what season it is. Students can bring in their own photos from different seasons, or you can find photos online.
- Have your students complete coloring pages that represent each season and hang them up on the wall. You can point to them when you sing the song!
- Try playing a game of charades where your students act out a season and the rest of the class guesses what season they are pretending to be in.
- Give your students flashcards or photos of each season and have them place them in order, showing that they understand how one season moves into the next throughout the year.
- Find a craft activity to represent each season. We have lots of ideas for seasonal and weather related crafts!