Learn how to teach the “This Is The Way We Go To Bed” song to kids. Watch as Caitie shares some activity ideas on how to teach this bedtime song for kids from Super Simple Songs.
Try some of these ideas in the classroom or at home!
- This is a wonderful song to help children go to bed. Routine is important to little ones, and having some routine things they can do before going to bed will help them make a smoother transition into sleep time. A bedtime routine can be a real comfort, and this song gives children a chance to practice and learn their routine at all times of the day.
- Try role playing along with this song! Bring out play toothbrushes, sponges, and books to have your students pretend to get ready for bed. They can also pretend to help put a stuffed animal to bed.
- Try dividing your students into groups, and each group can sing a different verse. You can give each group a prop, such as a toothbrush or pajamas, depending on what their verse is, so they can act out the action.
- Ask your students if there is anything else they do to get ready for bed. Maybe they have a special song they like to sing, or a stuffed animal they like to sleep with. After you sing This Is The Way We Go To Bed, you can try singing some lullabies, too! This song pairs well with lullabies like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or Are You Sleeping, Baby Bear?
- This can also be a great transition song into nap time, if there is a nap time scheduled in your day.
- At home, you can play the song before starting the bedtime routine, or sing each verse as you go through the different parts. And when they’re done, they’ll be all ready for bed.