10 Apples On My Head is a super fun song from Super Simple that is great for counting practice and for learning about different fruits! With our free printable, you can bring the song to life at home or in the classroom.
Play along with the song, or use the printable on its own to practice counting with little ones in a fun and exciting way.
Things You Need
- 10 Apples On My Head Printable
- 4 small baggies or envelopes for storage (optional)
How To Play
Cut out all the fruit pieces and the heads of the characters.
Place all the fruit and heads face up on a table.
Find the pieces of fruit and stack them on the characters heads starting from 1 all the way to 10!
You can play along with the song 10 Apples On My Head following along with the video as you stack the fruit. Or try it on your own and count as you go! You can do all the characters and fruit at once, or focus on one fruit stack at a time.
- For a fun challenge, try hiding the fruit around the room for little ones to find. They’ll have to play hide and seek with the fruit before they can complete their stacks!
- You can also place the fruit pieces face down on a table so little ones have to turn them over one and a time to find the next number in their stack. Then it’s also a fun memory game.
- Glue velcro strips or magnets to the back of the fruit pieces and heads to play on a felt board or black board.
If you are able, it’s a great idea to laminate the fruit pieces and the heads so they are more durable and last longer. Once you are finished playing with them, pack them up into small baggies until you are ready to play with them again!
We hope you have fun bringing 10 Apples On My Head to life with this exciting counting activity!
Original content © 2021 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms of Service.