Ants are fascinating insects. They may be small but are extremely strong, being able to carry between 10 and 50 times their body weight. They can be found everywhere in the world, except for Antarctica and Arctic. And it has been estimated that there are about 1 million ants for every 1 human. Impressive, right?
Today, we will get busy making our own ant finger puppet: a happy ant, with big eyes and 6 fluffy legs. The best part of our craft is that once we are done making it, we can play with the ant.
- Black thick card stock paper
- 3 black pipe cleaners
- 2 googly eyes
- Small round bowl
- Circle punch
- Hole punch
- Silver marker
- Use a small round bowl to trace 3 circles on the black cardstock paper and cut them out. One of the circles will become the head, the second is going to be turned into the body and the last circle will help us make a cute finger puppet out of our ant.
- Let’s start with the first circle and glue the googly eyes on it. Cut out two strips of black cardstock paper and glue them to the back of the head. These will be the antennae. Use a circle punch to make two small circles from the same black paper and glue them on top of the antennae, one circle on top of each paper strip. Draw the ant’s mouth with a silver marker.
- Make 6 holes on the second circle, 3 on each side. Thread the 3 black pipe cleaners through the holes to create the legs.
- Use the circle punch again to make 2 holes at the bottom of the third circle.
- Now it’s time to put our ant together and glue all circles one on top of the other. Start with the head and glued to the body and then glue the bottom of the body to the top of the last circle.
- It’s time to stick 2 fingers through our ant puppet and play with our cool craft.
Original content © 2018 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms of Service.