- coffee filters
- washable markers
- ice cube tray
- leaf template
- cardboard surface to let dry
- With a pen draw or trace the shape of a leaf from the provided template onto the coffee filters.
*Tip draw half of the leaf shape, fold the coffee filter in half and cut while folded.
- Draw a thick coloured ring in the center of the leaves. Multiple colors can be used. Leave the center of the ring white.
- Fill an ice cube a quarter of the way with water. Fold into a cone shape with white tip at the end. Dip white part into the tray. Let soak a couple of minutes until the filters become absorbed with water. The colour will travel through to the leaf edges.
- Let dry on cardboard or speed up drying with a hairdryer.
- Once dried, fold leaf to add extra texture. First fold the leaf in half then with down from the top with lines angled down towards center of leaf continue till you reach the bottom. Open to reveal new texture.
- With a safety pin piece a hole on the edge of the leaf any side will do as leaves fall in any direction.
- Find the center weight of your branch and tie a string at your desired length to hang later. Tie thread connecting the leaves to the branches.
- Hang and watch your leaves twirl!
This post accompanies a recent episode of Caitie’s Classroom. Join Caitie every week for kids songs, games, activities, stories, crafts, and much more! Caitie’s Classroom broadcasts live on the Super Simple Songs channel every Tuesday at 11am EST. Catch up on past episodes and segments here, follow Caitie on Facebook here, subscribe to her YouTube channel here, and join her LIVE every Tuesday using this link. Don’t forget to ring the bell for notifications!
Original content © 2018 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms and Conditions.