Baby Shark helps us learn opposites with this fun craft! With our template, and a little careful gluing, you’ll have a great tool to show your little ones an example of big and small. That being said, this isn’t really a fun craft to tackle with your little one, but rather something you could put together on your own that will make your little ones smile. At first they’ll see a picture of Baby Shark, but then, Baby Shark opens wide to find two little fishes swimming in his mouth! A big fish, little fish! Learning opposites with lots of giggles!
Things you’ll need
- Template – print out
- 2 toothpicks
- 2 medium size popsicle sticks
- Clothes pin
- Glue gun *if you don’t have a glue gun, sticky tacks works well, but won’t last as long.
- Cut out Baby Shark and the little fish from the printed template.
- Turn the cut outs over and place the top and bottom half together.
- Line up the popsicle sticks, one on top part of Baby Shark, and one on the bottom. Line them up as closely as you can without having them stick out. Glue into place with a glue stick – you can add tape for extra security.
- Place the clothes pin at the tail end of the popsicle sticks with the axis (spring end) lined up to the end both sticks – one part of the clothes pin is glued to the top popsicle stick, and the other to the bottom. Glue them into place using hot glue and a glue gun – this will help secure the uneven surface of the clothes pin.
- Trim the tops off of the tooth pics. Glue the little fish to each tip. Squeeze the clothes pin to open Baby Shark’s mouth, and line up the little fish where you would like them to be seen in the open mouth. Glue the toothpicks ends to the bottom popsicle stick, and trim if needed.
- Have fun open and closing Baby Shark’s mouth, and revealing the little fish!
Here is the template to download and print. Enjoy!
This post accompanies a recent episode of Caitie’s Classroom. Join Caitie every week for kids songs, games, activities, stories, crafts, and much more! Caitie’s Classroom broadcasts live on the Super Simple Play channel every Tuesday at 11am EST. Catch up on past episodes and segments, follow Caitie on Facebook, subscribe to her YouTube channel, and join her LIVE every Tuesday. Don’t forget to ring the bell for notifications!
Original content © 2019 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms and Conditions.