These blow paint monsters are not so scary. Instead they are super fun! You never know what kind of creature you’ll end up with! By using different coloured paints, and using a straw to blow the paint around instead of a paint brush, you get something new and interesting every time. Use your imagination and get creative adding eyes, and extra features to your monster. We would love to see what you come up with! Share your monster creations on social media and be sure to tag @SuperSimpleCaitie or use the hashtag #SuperSimpleOfficial. Check out the blow paint monsters Caitie made with our friends in the classroom, during our episode all about wind!
Things you’ll need
- Thick paper or a small canvas
- Craft paint
- Googly eyes
- Small piece of black and white paper (for the monster’s mouth)
- Pom poms, stickers
- Coloured markers
- Dilute your craft paint with a bit of water until it flows nicely. When your paint mixture is ready place dollops of paint onto your paper or canvas.
- With a straw, blow the paint into every direction by turning your paper while you blow. You can experiment with different sizes straws for different effects.
- Leave your paint to dry overnight.
- Once dried, decorate your monster! Glue the eyes, cut out a mouth shape with black paper, and add white teeth. You could also draw legs and arms to decorate however you like.
- Once finished you could also cut out your monsters and glue them all together onto a large piece of paper to display your monsters creations all together!
This post accompanies a recent episode of Caitie’s Classroom. Join Caitie every week for kids songs, games, activities, stories, crafts, and much more! Caitie’s Classroom broadcasts live on the Super Simple Play channel every Tuesday at 11am EST. Catch up on past episodes and segments, follow Caitie on Facebook, subscribe to her YouTube channel, and join her LIVE every Tuesday. Don’t forget to ring the bell for notifications!
Original content © 2019 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms of Service.