What’s that flapping by? It’s a super simple flying bat craft! This craft is easy to make, fun to play with and perfect for the spooky season!
Things you’ll need
- Super Simple Flying Bat Craft template, printed
- something to trace the template onto black paper – chalk or a white coloured pencil works well
- black construction paper or black foam paper
- glue and tape
- something for your handle – a wooden skewer, straw or pencil all work well
- back feathers
- googly eyes
- black craft paint (optional)
Cut out the printed template and trace it onto a sheet of black construction paper with a coloured pencil or chalk, then cut the bat out.
Fold the cut out bat in half.
Prep the wooden skewer or whatever you are using for your handle by painting it black, if you like. If you don’t have a wooden skewer, you could also use a straw or a pencil.
Tape the skewer to the inside folded part of the bat. Then, with a glue stick, decorate the bat by gluing on eyes and feathers to both the top and bottom of the bat’s body. The feathers will also help cover the tape holding the wooden skewer into place.
Now your bat is ready to take flight! Can you spook a friend with your flying bat craft?
For more spooky halloween fun and to see Caitie make this flying bat craft in the classroom, watch Caitie’s Classroom Halloween Party episode!
Original content © 2019 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms and Conditions.