With the ever-growing popularity of platters these days, here is a fun way to create a spring-themed spread perfect for your kids. All you is need is some rice cakes, your favorite hummus, and tons of fresh, cut up vegetables to assemble the cutest Rice Cake Flower Platter!
You can either throw all of the ingredients separately onto a platter and allow the kids to create their own masterpieces OR you can surprise them with a flower of their own. It’s a great savory snack idea that is healthy and fun! Hopefully, it can encourage even your pickiest eater to try something new.
Rice Cake Flowers
Makes 4 rice cake flowers
- 4 rice cakes
- 1 cup hummus of choice
Veggie flower petal options:
- baby carrots
Center flower options:
- cherry tomatoes
- cheddar cheese
- flower-shaped cookie cutters
- Slather 1/4 c. of hummus onto each rice cake.
- Add the thinly sliced veggies around the edge of the rice cake for the petals.
- Add a center piece by either cutting up cheese or another veggie with a small flower-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place on a platter and serve with more hummus and freshly cut up veggies for snacking.
Cara Ansis is the creator behind the site Fork & Beans, a site decided to making fun and kid-inspired recipes. She encourages moms and dads to let their kids play with their food! She is also a cookbook author. Cara resides is Chicago, IL with her husband and 11 month old son. Follow Cara on Instagram or via her blog: http://www.forkandbeans.com/
Original content © 2018 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms of Service.