Monster rock! Especially, rock monsters! These funky monsters are made from rocks found outside, and craft supplies that you probably already have at home. You can get creative adding extra eyes, hair, or horns – anything you like to truly make these monsters rock!
What you’ll need:
- Smooth round rocks – go for a rock hunt outside to find the rocks that will work best for your monsters!
- Craft paint – use any colours you like!
- Paint brush
- Glue stick
- Black marker
- Q tips (Q tips make it easy to paint teeth on your monsters)
- Things for decorating: googly eyes, fun fur, feathers, pom poms, felt or construction paper.
1. Prime rocks with white craft paint. It helps to paint them white first so the colourful paint you choose for your monster is nice and bright.
2. Paint the rock the colour you want your monster to be.
3. Decorate your monster! Teeth can be made by dipping the end of a Q-tip into paint. Draw any fine lines with a marker. Glue on googly eyes, pom poms, and use fun fur, felt or feathers for hair.
This post accompanies a recent episode of Caitie’s Classroom. Join Caitie every week for kids songs, games, activities, stories, crafts, and much more! Caitie’s Classroom broadcasts live on the Super Simple Play channel every Tuesday at 11am EST. Catch up on past episodes and segments, follow Caitie on Facebook, subscribe to her YouTube channel, and join her LIVE every Tuesday. Don’t forget to ring the bell for notifications!
Original content © 2019 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms and Conditions.