The day of love is almost here and what a better way to celebrate than with some homemade sweets! These gummies are a great alternative to the commercially made versions as they contain real fruit juice and a little extra love.
- 2¼ cups diced strawberries
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp sugar (more to taste)
- 4 tsp agar agar powder (or 6 tbsp of unflavored gelatine)
- cookie cutters or molds
Here’s the instructions:
1. Mix orange juice, lemon juice, and strawberries in a pot.
2. Let the mixture simmer on medium until fruit is extra soft.
3. Remove mixture from stove and add to a blender or food processor.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Pass through strainer and back into pot to remove seeds from strawberries.
6. Meanwhile mix agar in warm water until it blooms. Start with 3 tablespoons of warm water and stir. Add a tiny bit more until it turns into a soft paste. *Skip this step if you’re using gelatine.
7. Turn pot to medium heat. Then add sugar. Once it’s at a gentle boil, add bloomed agar and mix with a rubber spatula to even out the bubbles and make sure the agar has fully dissolved.
*If using gelatine, stir in gelatine into the pot one tablespoon at a time, until it is completely dissolved.
8. Turn heat to low and continue mixing with spatula—it will start to thicken.
9. Pour mixture into a pan, tin or mold, then place in refrigerator to firm.
*Place molds/pan into fridge and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
10. Once cooled, cut out shapes with cookie cutter or take out of the mold.
11. Enjoy with your loved ones!
Note: Rinse your pots, strainer and blender right away, it gets harder to remove after the gelatine hardens.
Original content © 2019 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms of Service.