…Down by the Bay!
Inspired by the release of the third edition of Down by the Bay on Super Simple Songs, we’ve created Moose and Goose banana pops to enjoy with your little ones. There are two flavours to choose from: Frozen Yogurt Goose Pops, or Milk Chocolate Moose Pops!
We think these frozen treats will make the perfect accompaniment to a Down by the Bay sing a long! Check out this link for the video and song lyrics.
Banana Yogurt Goose Pops | Banana Chocolate Moose Pops
All you need to make this frozen snack is a few simple ingredients. Leave the slicing and dicing to a parent or caregiver, but let the kids get involved in the decorating!
PREP TIME | TOTAL TIME
25 mins 25 mins
- 2 bananas, cut in half
- ½ c. plain or vanilla yogurt or ½ c. melted chocolate
- 1 c. shredded coconut, unsweetened or 4 chocolate wafers
- baby carrots (for the beak and feet) or 4 red chocolate candies
- 8 homemade googly eyes (or store bought)
- 8 almond slices or 8 mini pretzels
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Place the popsicle sticks in the cut side of the banana until it holds firmly.
- For the Goose: Gently dip each banana pop into the yogurt until lightly coated all over.
For the Moose: Gently dip each banana pop into the melted chocolate until lightly coated all over.
- For the Goose: Place the shredded coconut in a shallow bowl and sprinkle each pop with the coconut until evenly coated.
For the Moose: Affix the chocolate wafer to make a nose
- For the Goose: Add the beak, feet, eyes, and wings, making sure they are sturdy for setting.
For the Moose: Add the red chocolate candies as a nose, pretzels as antlers and googly eyes. Use melted chocolate for the glue.
- Place on the baking sheet and into to the freezer immediately just to help with the setting.
- Repeat for all banana pops.
Cara Ansis is the creator behind the site Fork & Beans, a site decided to making fun and kid-inspired recipes. She encourages moms and dads to let their kids play with their food! She is also a cookbook author. Cara resides is Chicago, IL with her husband and 11 month old son. Follow Cara on Instagram or via her blog: http://www.forkandbeans.com/
Original content © 2018 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms of Service.