Ahoy there mateys! Let’s sail the high seas on a pirate ship with popsicle stick pirates! These pirates can go this way, that way, up and down, all over the deep blue sea. Once your pirates are ready to set sail, follow along with the Super Simple Song, Over The Deep Blue Sea, for a fun activity with your little ones. Climb aboard and get your craft supplies ready, these popsicle stick pirate puppets are ready to hoist the anchors!
What you’ll need
- popsicle sticks
- glue stick
- bottle cap or another object to trace a circle
- black pen or fine tip marker
- craft paint or markers
- paint brushes
- construction paper – different colours
- googly eyes
- Pirate Popsicle Stick Puppet Craft Coloring Page from Super Simple, or make your own pirate ship!
1. Decorate the popsicle stick! Paint a shirt and pants on the stick – the top half of the stick will be the shirt, and the bottom half will be the pants.
2. For the pirate’s head, trace a circle shape onto construction paper and cut out. To make a head scarf, hat or eye patch, trace another circle of the same size onto colored paper, draw the shape of your accessory on the circle, and cut it out. By using the same size circle to begin your accessory, you can be sure it will fit your pirate’s head perfectly!
3. Assemble your pirates face and glue the elements together. With a fine tip pen give your pirate a nose and mouth.
4. With a glue stick, glue the head onto the decorated popsicle stick body. You can use ribbon to make a belt or a scarf, if you like!
5. Color the Pirate Popsicle Stick Puppet Craft Coloring Page from Super Simple, and cut along the dotted line, or make your own pirate ship and cut a line for a place that pirate puppets can pop up. Place the pirates in the ship and carefully turn the sheet over. With hot glue or tape, attach another popsicle stick across the bottom of the pirate popsicle sticks – this will allow the pirates to move all together.
We are ready to sail the high seas!
This post accompanies a recent episode of Caitie’s Classroom. Join Caitie every week for kids songs, games, activities, stories, crafts, and much more! Caitie’s Classroom broadcasts live on the Super Simple Songs channel every Tuesday at 11am EST. Catch up on past episodes and segments here, follow Caitie on Facebook here, subscribe to her YouTube channel here, and join her LIVE every Tuesday using this link. Don’t forget to ring the bell for notifications!
Original content © 2019 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission. Terms and Conditions.