Caitie is sharing tips for using the preschool song “Hello Reindeer, Goodbye Snowman” in the classroom and at home for lots of fun learning with little ones. She has lots of great ideas! And she’ll lead us through the song using gestures – an excellent way to introduce a song to children. “Hello Reindeer, Goodbye Snowman” is a great song to explore greetings at Christmas time, as well as counting to ten.
Try these ideas in the classroom or at home!
- This is a great song to sing as part of a Christmas concert. Students can dress up as a reindeer, snowman or Santa and wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
- Use this song to review some simple vocabulary before students go on their holiday break. Students can get in some more practice with hello and goodbye, and counting to ten before the end of the year.
- We have lots of great craft ideas to bring this song to life! Try our Snowman Craft, Jolly Santa Craft, or our Reindeer Craft! You can play the song in the background as you make your craft!
- Once your crafts are made you can use them to act out the song. Have the different crafty characters say hello and goodbye to each other!
- Hello Reindeer, Goodbye Snowman is a combination of two of our popular holiday songs. If you are looking for just a holiday hello song, try Hello, Reindeer. And try Goodbye, Snowman if you are looking for a holiday goodbye song.